Wednesday 21 May 2014

From tiny triumph to mental bouncy ball!!!

A little while ago I had one of those days where my blood sugar readings were reasonably well behaved. I don't ask for much, only single digits in m/mol (less than 180 mg) and all of the 9 readings I took that day fell into the single digit category.

Unfortunately, the trend did not continue, despite all of my best efforts. Now I feel like one of those balls inside the national lottery drum, being bounced around with no end in sight.

I'm bouncing from 7.0 to 3.6, from 8.9 to 15.0 (mmols) in less than one hour. My basal rate of insulin seems fine one day and then has a nervous breakdown for three. I'm exhausted from all the testing and scrutinizing. I try to only make one change in my insulin at a time because I feel if I make too many changes at one time it's hard to follow up.

I'm frustrated, defeated and just exhausted from being that ball. But I still get up every morning ready to do battle (people with diabetes are amazingly strong - aren't we?).

So, what am I going to do next? Well, I'm going to try and stay sane for the next two weeks until I meet with my Endo and then, hopefully, she see's a pattern in my numbers that just cannot see.


No comments:

Post a Comment