Tuesday 14 July 2015

Diabetes safety is......

​having a spare blood glucose meter.

Blood glucose meters are machines. Machines sometimes fail. What is your back up plan if your meter fails? Do you have a back up plan?

My two decades with diabetes has taught me not to rely completely on one gadget. I have a meter that I like to use most of the time, I have a meter that fits in my pocket when I'm just running out for school pick ups, I have a meter that I keep in the bedroom and I have a spare.

Probably not the best idea that they are all from the same company but three out of the four of them use the same strips and so makes life that little bit easier. And I do have a separate ketone meter that can be used for blood glucose.

So, I don't ever have strip waste and I have loads of options when it comes to blood glucose testing.... and no excuses😟

No comments:

Post a Comment