Monday 18 August 2014

The Irony!



I attended the Children with Diabetes/Friends for Life UK conference in Windsor, England last weekend.

One whole weekend jam-packed of type 1 diabetes. A weekend of being surround by people & children with diabetes whose names I have no idea of but I felt like they are my friends. A weekend organised to make life less difficult for everybody. The organisers made sure that all the food provided to us came with carb content information.

Imagine eating at a restaurant where you didn't need to guess so much!

However, from the time I left my house on Friday morning until the time I arrived back to my house on Sunday evening I only had one blood glucose test under 7mmols!!!! The whole weekend my readings were low teens to mid teens. How ironic!

I wasn't too worried about it though because I knew as it was only two days, that I was doing a lot of sitting around yapping. I would try and fix them as best I could but I was far more focused on having fun and making the most of having soooo much support & education every where I looked.

I promise to post more about the conference as soon as my children go back to school because I'm bursting to talk and talk and talk about it. (anyone who knows me will obviously know that that is nothing new:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment